We understand the impact COVID-19 continues to have on each practice and the challenges healthcare providers may be faced with when delivering patient care. We have taken steps to ensure our labs are open and operational so we can fulfill our responsibility to cancer patients.
Currently, all our labs remain open and operational, and we continue to deliver test results within our published turnaround times. We have proactively implemented enhanced measures in order to continue to keep our labs operational, such as:
- Separated lab personnel into different shifts to reduce the risk of cross contamination between lab teams
- Increased sanitation efforts during and between shifts
- Restricted access, allowing only employees essential for laboratory operations at our laboratory facilities
- Enhanced lab process flows to mitigate contamination
- Increased personal protective equipment where necessary for increased protection
Access to Testing
We know that a cancer diagnosis will not stop for COVID-19. Please consider the following options that may help remove barriers to testing during this time:
- Our liquid biopsy test can be useful when a patient is unable to undergo a biopsy.
- We have prepared our laboratories to support additional FoundationOne Liquid orders.
- Foundation Medicine will continue to offer in-home blood draw services through our mobile phlebotomy partner, ExamOne®, to support broader access to FoundationOne Liquid. ExamOne® has over 6,000 licensed phlebotomists and offers appointments 7 days a week (Monday-Sunday) during the hours of 7:00am-7:00pm.
- Patients who have out of pocket costs for Foundation Medicine testing and have been impacted financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may qualify to have those costs covered by our Financial Assistance program during this time.
If any patients have received a bill from Foundation Medicine and are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19, please contact Client Services at 888.988.3639.
It is our intent is to find ways to continue to provide healthcare providers with the information and updates needed to provide the best possible cancer care for their patients. We are committed to working together as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Our Commitment to the Community
Foundation Medicine is thankful to those fighting COVID-19 on the front lines and we are committed to assisting our national partners and local communities. Through our new initiative, FMI Helps, Foundation Medicine is providing nearly $500K in ongoing charitable support to cancer nonprofits committed to addressing critical needs of those living with cancer during COVID-19 and to local community organizations providing vital support in Boston, Raleigh, San Diego and Penzberg, where Foundation Medicine labs and operations are present
To view information on how our partners at Roche are responding to COVID-19, please visit their response page on roche.com.